June 11 • 10:00 am - 4:00 pm FREE
YAHOOOOOO! It’s Tom Sawyer Day 2022!
In The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain wrote, “Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.” On Saturday, June 11 (Connecticut Open House Day) The Mark Twain House & Museum invites you to come play with us for a fun-filled day of free activities and discounted house tours!
– Feel the rhythm with FREE live performances by three great ensembles: Goza Trio, Smoke N’ Whiskey Trio and the Caribbean Vibe Steel Drum Band
– Learn the art of printmaking in FREE hands-on workshops with artists from The Printmakers Network of Southern New England
– FREE Museum Center admission to view our exhibits “The Evocative Mark Twain Inspires The Printmakers Network of Southern New England” and “I’ve Sampled This Life,” as well as a short Ken Burns documentary.
– Get a big ol’ DISCOUNT on your tour of “The Best Historic House Museum in the Country” (Forbes Magazine, 2021). $12 tours for adults & seniors; $8 for children. Not applicable for Living History Tours.
– Grab lunch or a snack in our cafe; check out the gift shop for all sorts of treasures!
Grab Aunt Polly, Huck, Becky, even Muff Potter! We look forward to welcoming you to The Mark Twain House & Museum for Tom Sawyer Day 2022.
This program is sponsored by Evelyn W. Preston Memorial Trust Fund Bank of America, N.A., Trustee, Farmington Bank Community Foundation, and the Greater Hartford Arts Council. This program was produced in part by dfx Entertainment.