Sunday, March 1, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The Mark Twain House & Museum is pleased to present the book launch of Jeff Goldberg's new book Unrivaled: UConn, Tennessee, and the Twelve Years that Transcended Women's Basketball.
This FREE event takes place in the Webster Bank Museum Center Auditorium at The Mark Twain House & Museum. Joining Jeff Goldberg will be Alysa Auriemma, Daughter of the legendary UCONN Women’s Basketball Coach Geno Auriemma.
This is a free BOOK/MARK event, and is followed by a book sale and signing. Reservations are highly recommended. Please call (860) 280-3130
Friday, February 27, and Saturday, February 28, 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00 p.m.
We reprise our popular Graveyard Shift Ghost Tours for some winter fun. The Mark Twain House has been featured on Syfy Channel's Ghost Hunters and the Biography Channel's My Ghost Story.
On these tours participants will hear all these creepy tales -- and learn about Mark Twain's own interest in the supernatural.
Filled with haunted history, dark tales and Victorian traditions surrounding seances and spiritualism, these nighttime tours are as educational as they are goosebump-inducing.
They sell out fast, so be sure to call 860-280-3130 soon to make your reservations!
The tours are tsponsored by Tsunami Tsolutions.
Call: (860) 280-3130 for more information & ticketing.
Calling All Twainiacs!
Show The Mark Twain House some love by participating in The National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Heart Bomb 2015!
· Make a big Valentine for the Twain House (Come on over, we have suppies you can use right in our lobby!)
· Take a photo of yourself in front of the house or in the Museum
· Share your photo on social media with the hashtag #iheartpreservation
· Twitter - please tag @TwainHouse
· Facebook - MarkTwainHouse
· Leave your Valentine at the front desk – we are creating a special display of all the love we receive
· Send your very best pictures to email@example.com by Friday, February 20. (Feel free to keep heartbombing until the end of the month, though!) Please include a one-paragraph blurb about why you love this place and why more people should fall in love with it too.
New for 2015! Membership has its rewards!
Congratulations to January’s winner: Lavell Thompson!
Each month, all new and renewing members for the previous month will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 gift certificate to The Mark Twain Store.
Be sure to support The Mark Twain House & Museum and purchase or renew your membership to be entered into this drawing!
Each Monday we'll be rolling out a new 360-degree virtual tour of a room in the Mark Twain House. Check it out here!