The Mark Twain House is only shown by guided tour. We want your visit to be a great experience. Due to the limited capacity on tours, we recommend that you purchase tickets in advance, as tours sell out days ahead of time.If you choose to show up without purchasing tickets in advance we may not be able to accommodate you and your group.
Please see our Guide to Visiting section for answers to commonly asked questions.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum
It’s time to explore! From July 1 to September 6, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying adult can visit The Mark Twain House & Museum free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program.
Ticket applies to the general Mark Twain House Tour and does not apply to the any of the Living History tour series.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This program is geared towards families exploring together, not large camp groups.
- The children and the accompanying adult must reside in Connecticut.
- Proof of residency may be required (i.e. CT driver’s license or ID card) by a participating museum.
- Please make sure you check each museum for online advance ticketing and reservations, as they may be required.
- Participating museums have discretion to administer the CT Summer at the Museum program to the best of their ability and according to their needs. Certain restrictions may apply and capacity may be limited. (i.e. limit to one adult per household, block-out dates, exclusions for special events, etc.) Be sure to check with each museum to learn of any restrictions before visiting.
Register as a Connecticut Family to unlock your free tickets HERE.BUY TOUR TICKETS
Hours & Admission
Due to the limited capacity on tours, we recommend that you purchase tickets in advance, as tours sell out days ahead of time. If you choose to show up without purchasing tickets in advance we may not be able to accommodate you and your group.Visit Us